10 Things I’m Looking Forward to Doing This Summer
This weekend was EVERYTHING to me. I mean the beautiful weather, brunch with my family and finally getting my tax done (Yes, I know I was cutting it super close with getting my tax done :-). If you haven’t completed your taxes yet the deadline is Tuesday April 15.
After having our taxes completed, we had brunch at a super cute restaurant called Elizabeth’s. This was my first time eating here and I LOVE it. They start off your meal with a complimentary green drink that’s made of kale and orange juice, YUM!
This weekend got me so excited about summer that I wanted to share a list of some of my favorite things I’m looking forward to doing this summer.
Not that I’m one to brag, but summer in NYC is truly something special. There’s so much to do and now that my daughter is older, I plan on taking full advantage of all the activities this city has to offer. NYC is especially good about having FREE events, which is even better for me.
- Outdoor Exercising, I absolutely love exercising at the park. During the summertime, every Saturday, I go to the park with my daughter and/or hubby and sister and we have a fun and intense workout. I do the best HIIT workouts at the park, plus I can end my routine with a run.
- Brunch, I love brunch but during the fall and winter, I don’t brunch as much but in the summertime, ummm bring on the brunching.
- Brooklyn Bridge Park, this park is one of the many best things to happen to Brooklyn. I mean in one shot you have a park with activates for kids of all ages, swimming pool, free concerts/festivals and so much more. I have spent many weekends here with my family and I’m looking forward to more.
- Road Trips, I LOOOOOOVE road trips. Whether it’s a day trip or visiting family members in different states. Road Trips are one of my favorite summer activities. I love the packing, snacking in the car and just connect with my family while traveling.
- Summer Fridays, I get Summer Fridays at work where you get a certain number of Fridays off. I LIVE for Summer Fridays.
- Ample Hills Ice Cream, only ONE of the best ice cream parlors in Brooklyn
- Martha’s Vineyard, my annual family vacation to Martha’s Vineyard is the absolute highlight of my summer.
- Outdoor Concerts, come summer time, NYC is filled with outdoor concerts in every borough and they’re all free.
- Walking, NYC is a walking city but in the winter while you still get to walk it’s not fun because it’s so cold, you’re practically running. During the summer though, I can take my time and walk as much as I want to. Sometimes I leave work and walk about 20+ blocks before I hop on the train and head home.
- Exploring the City, I have lived in NYC all my life and sometimes like many native New Yorkers you take for granted what’s in your own backyard. This summer I plan on exploring areas that I have either never been to or haven’t been to in a long time and I plan on bringing my family along.
Oh dear summer, I am so ready for you! This list could go on and on, I had to force myself to stop
What are some of your favorite summertime activities? If you live in NYC, what are some of your favorite things to do here? I’m looking for inspiration on summer activities.