January 10, 2010
January 8, 2010
I am definitely in a funk right now. I want to go home, but I’m stuck at work still and it’s 7:07PM. I have an exam tomorrow morning that I’m so not prepared for, I wanted to go to the gym, I have a one page paper to write and I wanted to wash my hair tonight.
I had all intentions of going to the gym today and I’m really annoyed that I’m not going to be able to make it. Work and school just takes up so much of my time that it just becomes so overwhelming. By the time I get on the train and commute home, it will be almost 9PM or later depending on when I leave here. I have school tomorrow and Saturday from 8:30 – 5:30PM. I know I signed up for this and I truly don’t want to complain but sometimes I wonder, what the heck was I thinking with school.
Is there truly such a thing as trying to accomplish to much?
I am determined to figure out a way to get in another day of working out this week, I simply have to. In all my years of dieting, working out is essential to my weight loss success in addition to watching what I eat. The good thing about living in New York City is that we walk a lot, so I am going to get some walking in today. Maybe instead of taking the train at Times Square, I will walk to 34th st, just to get some cardio into my day.
Additionally, I am going to study tonight, wash my hair and finish my paper. I know it’s a lot to accomplish and I’m going to do it.
Here’s my menu so far for today:
- Fruit salad (strawberries, grapes, pineapple, cantaloupe)
- 1 English Muffin lite with peanut butter and jelly
- 1 Kashi bar (2pts)
- Turkey sandwich on pumpernickel with lettuce and tomato and 1 slice cheese (8pts)
- Soy Crisp chips (2pts)
For dinner, I think my husband plans on making a tasty vegetarian meal. I can’t wait.. he’s a great cook
Also, I didn’t get to post my menu from yesterday, so here it goes..
- 1/2c oatmeal and milk (4pts)
- Fruit salad (1pts)
- Special K crackers (2pts)
- Salad with ½ boiled egg and thai chicken (9pts)
- 1 Kashi bar(2pts)
- 1 cup brown rice(4pts)
- Tofu and mixed vegetables (stir-fry) (3pts)
- 1 Kashi Oatmeal Cookie (2pts)
January 6, 2010
Although, yesterday was my first day back at work, today was the official kick-off of my crazy schedule because school started. The late nights and lack of sleep starts now. I just got home about an hour ago at 10PM and I have homework to do tonight and studying as I have a statistics exam on Friday. I also want to commit to blogging every night.
As for my diet, today was a good day, but I didn’t plan well for dinner so my dinner was more like a breakfast (see menu). I definitely have to make pre-planning a priority.
- 1 Banana (2pts)
- Bacon, egg and cheese sandwich (a healthy version with 1/4c egg whites, 1 slice FF cheese, 1 slice
Oscar Meyer South Beach Diet Turkey Bacon only 35 calories on honey wheat sliced bread)… I
was really hungry this morning, this really is a satisfying way to still have a hearty breakfast that’s
- Medium split pea soup (4pts)
- Small salad with cod (5pts)
- 1 Tangerine (1pts)
- Special K crackers (absolutely love this, will have a product review this week…it’s only 90
Dinner (not an ideal dinner option, but at least it was still within my points allotment)
- 2 servings cereal with 1c Silk Soy milk (6pts)
- 1 toasted Thomas english muffin multigrain with 1 tbsp peanut butter (4pts)
Losing in the City Tip – Pre-planning is so important to your diet success. Not planning can lead to making unhealthy meal options.